Hair loss in men is a consequence of serious malfunctions in the body. There are several ways to get rid of baldness:
- Cosmetic – various shampoos, sprays and healing emulsions are prescribed to the patient to stimulate the growth of new and prevent the loss of old hair. The latter are many times more efficient than their store counterparts.
- Medication is a therapy aimed at eliminating diseases that have caused baldness. Treatment involves taking various drugs responsible for restoring hormonal balance, stabilizing the production of dihydrotestosterone, supplying the follicles with the necessary amount of micronutrients and macronutrients. This category of drugs also includes antidepressants that help fight stress, anti-infective and other drugs.
- Physiotherapy – includes various procedures aimed at providing the scalp with the necessary amount of vitamins and blocking the action of the hormone dihydrotestosterone. The most common procedure for the treatment of alopecia is mesotherapy (the course consists of several microinjections). Cryotherapy, electrostimulation, plasmolifting, darsonvalization, reception of propecia (or its analogues) and other methods of varying effectiveness are also practiced to combat baldness.
Another way to treat alopecia is transplantation. Hair follicle transplantation is indicated for patients with cicatricial androgenic type of baldness. If the appearance of bald spots is provoked by hormonal disorders or a hereditary factor, then the only correct method to solve this problem will be transplantation. To date, hair follicle transplantation is carried out in several ways:
- Patchwork method – using a surgical scalpel, a fragment of the dermis with follicles is cut off. Then the flap is divided into small parts (grafts) and implanted in a new place with tweezers. The technique is quite traumatic and painful, accompanied by loss of material and scars.
- The seamless FUE method is a minimally invasive method of transplantation, which involves the removal of material without surgical intervention. Follicle sampling takes place with the help of a special tool, the diameter of which is slightly larger than the size of the hair. Next, the doctor uses special needles to implant grafts in place of bald spots. Hair, as a rule, is not rejected, and the donor site is quickly restored. There is also a more advanced non–surgical method of transplantation – HFE. The technology provides for the removal of microfollicular associations with a special surgical instrument with a tip diameter of up to 0.9 mm. Practically painless method, provides the maximum percentage of survival of the donor material.
All trichologists agree that the earlier the transplant begins, the better it will pass. At an early age, the quality of the donor material is better, and the transplant area is smaller. In addition, the areas from which the hair follicles are removed are restored faster. Before making a decision about transplantation, you need to undergo a thorough examination and get advice from a specialized specialist.