In fact, few people think of surgery as soon as they notice the first signs of starting baldness. Moreover, many even do not want to take medicines. But are there any foods that can stop or prevent baldness? Today I will try to answer this question based on research data. Still, I should warn that such measures, even the most effective ones, work only at the initial stage of hair loss. In addition, in many cases, alopecia is caused by genetic factors, and such natural prevention can only delay the sad process of getting bald for a while.
A unique product that can suspend male alopecia and prevent baldness in some patients
About a year ago I discovered the results of an amazing study. Scientists have found that the process of baldness in men can be stopped with a single dish. We are talking about fermented Korean cabbage called kimchi. However, it cannot lead to a complete cure.
Anyway, according to experts, regular intake of kimchi (instead of medicines) leads to thickening of the hair. The study involved men with early-stage alopecia. They ate fermented cabbage twice a day for four months. According to the study, just a month later the number of hair increased from 85 pieces per square centimeter to 90 pieces, and by the end of the experiment – to 92 pieces. Not bad!
Foods that help to promote hair growth both in men and women
Of course, you should keep in mind such factors as the severity of baldness, the causes of alopecia, the concomitant diagnoses, the age and gender of the patient, and so on. However, scientists had proven that the following foods have a good effect on hair growth (that is, to prevent baldness, or at least delay it):
- Fat fish. Thanks to omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, keratin protein, iron and vitamin B12, the condition of the scalp improves, and the hair strengthens and looks healthier.
- Eggs. Protein, Biotin and vitamin B12 in eggs also contribute to hair health and growth.
- Poultry. Again, the protein in the poultry meat helps strengthen the hair. Also, it makes your hair shine.
- Dairy. Milk, Greek yogurt and natural cheeses also contribute to the growth and strengthening of hair. Of course, sometimes it is too late to use natural methods. Otherwise, better to resort to medications, such as Propecia or analogues.
- Oysters. The magic effect on strengthening and nourishing hair is due to the high content of zinc. Don’t forget that it is also a great aphrodisiac! If you do not like oysters, you can expect a similar effect of young lamb and beef.
- Whole grains. Whole-grain products (such as cereals) also strengthen the hair perfectly. All this is due to B vitamins, zinc and iron.
- Nuts. Different nuts contain different useful substances, but almost all are equally useful. I hope everyone understands that we are not talking about salted peanuts. But fresh, lightly toasted or dried nuts strengthen the hair, make it thicker, heal the scalp, and can even stop hair loss. The most useful nuts to prevent baldness include Brazil nuts with a high content of selenium, as well as cashews, almonds, pecans and walnuts.
- Legumes. Beans, lentils, chickpeas are a great source of protein, iron, zinc and Biotin, which are essential for hair growth and strengthening. Try to eat at least three cups of legumes a week.
- Green vegetables. Such greens as spinach, broccoli, lettuce are rich in vitamins A and C, as well as iron and calcium. This has a positive effect on the hair itself and on the scalp, too.