Along with the traditional medication for baldness, I also recommend topical treatments and lifestyle enhancements. But which vitamins lack if you have hair loss? Obviously, along with taking drugs, you can get the missing substances with natural products and supplements!
How different types of baldness indicate vitamin deficiency
You can try to independently determine which vitamins lack if you have hair loss by the nature of hair damage:
- Deterioration of hair condition in general – B group vitamins. First of all, they help to strengthen the roots. In addition, they improve the appearance of hair in general by speeding up and regulating metabolism. When these vitamins lack, your hair looks worse and starts falling out.
- Hair fragility – biotin. This element helps restore the elasticity and density of the hair.
- Dryness and lack of shine – ascorbic acid (vitamin C). Visibly dull hair may indicate a deficiency in this substance. Vitamin C improves blood circulation, which has a positive effect on hair.
- Slow growth or its absence – vitamin A. In fact, this vitamin has the greatest influence on the formation of healthy hair follicles.
Also, mind vitamins E and D, iron and zinc, as well as proteins and collagen. Then, after you have found out which vitamins lack if you have hair loss, you can adjust your diet or start taking supplements.
Which products contain vitamins useful for hair
Now that we have found out which vitamins lack if you have hair loss, and which substances can be useful to you, let us observe their sources:
- Vitamin A. In particular, you can get it from salmon, carrots, pumpkin, avocado, and broccoli. Also, consider eating liver, eggs, and butter (but do not overuse these products).
- Group of vitamins B. You can find them in meat, fish and cereals. At the same time, improper nutrition (canned food, sugar, alcohol) leads to a lack of vitamin B5, which benefits hair.
- Vitamin C. Replenish the lack of this vitamin by eating more citrus fruits, pineapples, currants, peppers, cabbage and parsley.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E). You can find this antioxidant in almonds, avocados, and spinach. Alternatively, purchase vitamin E supplements and beauty products.
- Vitamin D. I recommend combining different ways of getting this vitamin – supplements, foods (fish, cod liver, mushrooms), as well as moderate regular exposure to the sun.
Before buying supplements and starting taking them, I recommend asking your doctor for good advice. Unfortunately, some patients cannot afford taking too much of certain substances due to health conditions.